Payment issues and insufficient reporting documentation to Content Owners/Publishers from third-party Distributors can present a challenge across all media sectors. Why do payment issues arise in both, transactional and subscriber-based consumption models, and how do Distributors and Publishers work to minimize and correct them?
This session is presented by the law firm of Sheppard Mullin. Jim Gatto is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group, Co-Team Leader of the firm’s Digital Media Industry and Social Media and Games Industry Teams, and Team Leader of the firm’s Open Source Team.
Jim Gatto, Partner & Social Media & Games Team Co-Leader, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
Providing a potent mix of real-life spectatorship and digital entertainment, today the worldwide phenomenon of competitive gaming today counts over 200 million spectators annually (SuperData Research) and presents a unique, new avenue in the entertainment market. This panel will discuss the rapidly growing and evolving market for eSports.
• Bo Daly, Co-founder and Chief Business Officer, Super Evil Megacorp
• Minard Hamilton, US Partner, BITKRAFT Esports Ventures
• Damon Lau, Co-Founder and CEO, Everyday Influencers
• Ophir Lupu, Head of Video Games, United Talent Agency
• Steven Roberts, Executive Chairman, ESL Turtle Entertainment
Moderator: Stan Press, Managing Director Digital and Gaming, Magid Advisors
This panel brings together a mix of companies and executives from the film and games industries to share ideas about relationship between games and the film industry and how to create new business opportunities at the intersection of these two exciting media industries.
• Chris Hewish, Executive Vice President of Interactive, Skydance Media Interactive
• TQ Jefferson, Executive Producer, Skybound Interactive
• Derek Douglas, Head of Video Games Department, Creative Artists Agency
• Andrew Stalbow, CEO & Co-Founder, Seriously
• Anatoly Ropotov, CEO, Game Insight
Moderator: Ned Sherman, Counsel and Director, Manatt Digital
With hundreds of millions of active smartphones and tablets in the market, the Chinese market presents a huge opportunity for game businesses. This panel will discuss the opportunities and challenges including developing games in China, localizing your game, navigating app stores and how to best monetize in this massive new market.
• Isabel Gan, Director, Strategic Development and M&A, Mattel
• Bill Wang, President, Overseas Business, 360 Games
• Michael Zang, Founder & CEO, Firefly Games Inc.
Moderator: Michael Cai, President, Interpret
This panel will discuss how games companies are using influencer marketing for user acquisition of games and gaming content. Topics include how to find the right influencer mix for your game, the deals being done, and strategies for success?
• Joe Gatdula, Director Integrated Marketing, DEFY Media
• Peter Letz, Director of Gaming, Studio71
• Chrissie Scelsi, U.S. General Counsel, Wargaming (USA)
• Mari Takahashi, On-Camera Talent & Producer, Smosh Games, DEFY Media
• Isaac Zucca, Branded Content Manager, Twitch
Moderator: David Bloom, Consultant and Columnist, Tubefilter
This panel of leading game and entertainment executives will discuss the future of the game business as it intersects with entertainment. What kind of deals are being done? How is the business changing as more entertainment brands and talent are getting involved in the business? What does the future hold?
• Chris Heatherly, EVP of Games & Digital Platforms, NBCUniversal
• Teemu Huuhtanen, CEO, Next Games
• Chris Early, VP, Digital Publishing, Ubisoft
• Brent Bushnell, CEO, Two Bit Circus
Moderator: Gilbert Lee, Partner, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP